Rock County 5.0 is a five-year public / private initiative to advance Rock County’s economic development vision through a single voice. This vision, which has been developed through various interrelated local and/or countywide plans, represents a holistic approach to repositioning and revitalizing our economy. By working together as one community, we have the ability to leverage ideas and resources.
Rock County 5.0 will foster a culture of collaboration, open / maintain functional communication channels and create connections - among and between various constituency groups - in unprecedented ways. These activities will strengthen and grow our existing assets and opportunities; encourage and identify new assets and opportunities; and accelerate and cultivate emerging assets and opportunities.
Support for Rock County 5.0 derives predominately from the private sector, with additional assistance leveraged from individual, philanthropic foundation and some public sector (in-kind) sources too. A total investment goal of at least $1,000,000 has been targeted to advance this countywide initiative.
A 5.0 Advisory Council, representing a cross-section of the County’s industry sectors, will oversee this initiative (see the list below). Co-Chaired by Diane Hendricks, Chairwoman of ABC Supply Company, and Mary Willmer, Community Bank President of M&I Bank, the Advisory Council will provide guidance and recommendations as they relate to 5.0's implementation. Meanwhile, the economic development organizations and their staff from Beloit, Janesville and Rock County will connect the public sector to this 5.0 initiative; thereby, ensuring alignment and consistency with approved plans.
- David Cullen, J.P. Cullen & Sons
- Diane Hendricks, ABC Supply Company, Inc.
- Robert Crain, Alliant Energy
- Gerry Behan, Kerry Americas
- Henry Knueppel, Regal-Beloit Corporation
- Jane Blain Gilbertson, Blain Supply, Inc.
- Jim Fisher, The JBF Group
- Joe Pregont, Prent Corporation
- Mary Willmer, M&I Bank - a part of BMO Financial Group
- Paul Palmby, Seneca Foods Corporation
- Richard Gruber, Mercy Health System
- Rob Gerbitz, Hendricks Development Group
- Ron Ochs, Janesville Foundation
- Steve Eldred, First National Bank & Trust Co.
- Tim McKevett, Beloit Health System
- Tobin Ryan, Seidler Equity Partners
- Tom Eckert, Blackhawk Technical College
- Tom Ptacin, Klobucar Construction Company