Founded in 2009, Rock County 5.0 is a public / private initiative to advance Rock County’s economic development vision through a single voice. This vision, which has been developed through various interrelated local and/or countywide plans, represents a holistic approach to repositioning and revitalizing our economy. By working together as one community, we are effectively influencing the area's economic landscape by aligning efforts and leveraging resources in the following areas: Business Retention & Expansion, Business & Investment Attraction, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Real Estate Positioning and Workforce Profiling.
Rock County 5.0 fosters a culture of collaboration, opens / maintains functional communication channels and create connections - among and between various constituency groups. These activities strengthen and grow our existing assets and opportunities; encourage and identify new assets and opportunities; and accelerate and cultivate emerging assets and opportunities.
Support for Rock County 5.0 derives predominately from the private sector, with additional assistance leveraged from individual, philanthropic foundation and some public sector (in-kind) sources too. To date, more than 60 businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals have contributed their financial resources and in-kind services to support Rock County 5.0.
A 5.0 Advisory Council, representing a cross-section of the County’s industry sectors, oversee this initiative (see the list below). Co-Chaired by David Bagley, Assurance Director - RSM US LLP, and Rob Gerbitz, President/COO - Hendricks Commercial Properties, the Advisory Council provides guidance and recommendations as they relate to 5.0's implementation. Meanwhile, the economic development organizations and their staff from Beloit, Janesville and Rock County will connect the public sector to this 5.0 initiative; thereby, ensuring alignment and consistency with approved plans.
- David Bagley, RSM US LLC
- Gerry Behan, Kerry Americas
- *Mitch Benson, Prent Corporation
- David Cullen, J.P. Cullen & Sons
- Steve Eldred, First National Bank & Trust Co.
- Jim Fisher, JBF Group
- Kerry Frank, Comply365
- Rob Gerbitz, Hendricks Commercial Properties
- Jane Blain-Gilbertson, Blain Supply, Inc.
- Mark Gliebe, Regal Beloit Corporation
- Richard Gruber, Mercy Health System
- Bob Gutschenritter, Alliant Energy
- Prudence Harker, LifeCircle
- Diane Hendricks, ABC Supply Company, Inc.
- Mary Holzhauer, BMO Harris Bank
- *Keith Kruse, TRICOR Insurance
- Curt Lansbery, North American Tool Corporation
- Tim McKevett, Beloit Health System
- Paul Palmby, Seneca Foods Corporation
- Tracy Pierner, Blackhawk Technical College
- Joe Pregont, Prent Corporation
- Tobin Ryan, Seidler Equity Partners
- Larry Squire, Johnson Bank
*These positions represent the Chairs for the Greater Beloit EDC and Forward Janesville, respectively; therefore, these positons will rotate annually.